What Is a Cookie?
First and third-party cookies: whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the domain placing the cookie.
- First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g., cookies placed by https://www.saffronic.com).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
These cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies: These cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
How to Delete and Block our Cookies
Changing your Cookie Settings. The browser settings for changing your cookie settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
What Cookies Do We Use and Why?
The cookies we may use on the Saffronic Website may be categorized as follows:
• Strictly necessary
Some cookies may fulfill more than one of these purposes.
‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies let you move around the Saffronic Website and use essential features like secure areas. Without these cookies, we cannot provide the requested services.
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to:
• Identify you as visiting the Saffronic Website.
• Make sure you connect to the right service on the Saffronic Website when we make any changes to the way it works.
• For security purposes.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the Saffronic Website, so if you prevent these cookies we can’t guarantee how the Saffronic Website or the security on the Saffronic Website will perform during your visit.
‘Performance’ cookies collect information about how you use the Saffronic Website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how the Saffronic Website works, understand the interests of our users, and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
We use performance cookies to:
• Carry out web analytics: Provide statistics on how the Saffronic Website is used.
• Perform affiliate tracking: Provide feedback to affiliated entities that one of our visitors also visited their site.
• Obtain data on the number of users of the Saffronic Website that have viewed a product or service.
• Help us improve the Saffronic Website by measuring any errors that occur.
• Test different designs for the Saffronic Website.
Some of our performance cookies are managed for us by third parties.
‘Functionality’ cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
We use ‘Functionality’ cookies for such purposes as:
• Remember settings you’ve applied such as layout, text size, preferences and colors
• Remember if we’ve already asked you if you want to fill in a survey
• Remember if you have engaged with a particular component or list on the Saffronic Website so that it won’t repeat
• To provide and show embedded video content
Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties.
‘Targeting’ cookies are used to track your visit to the Saffronic Website, as well other websites, apps and online services, including the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, which allows Saffronic to display targeted ads to you on the Saffronic Website.
We may use targeting cookies to:
• Display targeted ads within the Saffronic Website.
• To improve how we deliver personalized ads and content, and to measure the success of ad campaigns on the Saffronic Website.
Third Party Analytics and Advertising
HotJar. For more information about what Hotjar collects on Saffronic Website, please see https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy
Facebook Connect. For more information about what Facebook collects when you use Facebook buttons on the Saffronic Website, please see: Data Policy.
Facebook Ads. For more information about what Facebook collects and your choices around Facebook Ads, please see: AdChoices.
Instagram For more information about what Instagram collects when you use Instagram buttons on the Saffronic Website or visit pages on the Saffronic Website that include these buttons, please see https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875?helpref=page_content.
Current Usage of Google Products
DoubleClick: For more information about DoubleClick cookies, Please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads.
For more information about below services and cookies, Please visit:
Google Tag Manager
Google Dynamic Remarketing
Google AdWords Conversion
Google Analytics Help pages
Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on; if you want to opt out of Google Analytics, you can download and install the add-on for your web browser here.
More Information about Cookies
International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom
Information on the ICC (UK) UK cookie guide can be found on the ICC website:
International Chamber of Commerce UK – Digital Economy